Study program / study programs: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Type and level of studies: Applied master’s studies
ECTS credits: 8
The students should master the concepts of modern cryptosystems applied in contemporary information technologies.
Theoretical and practical knowledge and implementation of the basic principles, algorithms and standards used in cryptography.
- Information protection basics
- The principles of cryptology
- Classic cryptography
- Perfect cryptosystems
- Symmetric and stream cryptosystems
- Symmetric block cryptosystems
- Diffie-Hellman key exchange
- Asymmetric cryptosystems
- Hash functions and data integrity
- DES – The Data Encryption Standard
- AES – The Advanced Encryption Standard
- Digital signature schemes
- RSA signature
- Public key certificates and infrastructure
- Access control-authentication
- Access control-authorization
- Visual cryptography
- Efficient testing of cryptographic concepts through practical work on examples by using the CRYPTOOL software package.