Study program / study programs: COMPUTER MULTIMEDIA, INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Type and level of studies: Undergraduate applied studies
Subject: PROJECT MANAGEMENT
ECTS credits: 8
The objective of the course is to ensure that the students of applied studies adopt and learn about the theoretical basis of management and project management theory as a specialized management discipline. Introducing the students to the basic methods and techniques used in project management.
The students will learn about the types of projects and the goals of project management, the phases encompassed by the life cycle of a project, the characteristics of the introduction of information system and software projects, the characteristics of organizational form in the context of project management, the roles and tasks of a project manager, the ways of forming a project team, the factors of project team members’ motivation, the causes of emergence and the approaches to solving conflicts in project realization.
You will learn about approaches to the realization of communication in projects, the usual risks in software project and IS implementation projects, project cost planning, the making of a milestone plan, how to use PERT and CPM methods for the analysis of the duration of a project, the implementation of agile methods and scrum methodology of software development.
- Introduction to the subject and the importance of contemporary approaches to project management
- The historical development of project management, with an emphasis on IT projects
- The concept, types and characteristics of investment, business and social projects
- Contemporary project management methodologies
- Project management as a contemporary concept
- The main functions of project management and the life cycle of a project
- Project management organizations, classical and contingency approaches
- Contemporary project management methods and techniques
- Managing contracts in projects
- Human resource management in projects and project teams
- Quality, risk, communication and change management in a project
- Project realization planning – planning time, planning costs and resources
- Project realization monitoring and control – overseeing and controlling the time of project realization
- Overseeing and controlling the resources the cost of realization of a project
- Project realization reporting system, closing a project; program manager and multi-project management