Study program / study programs: E-BUSINESS, INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Type and level of studies: Undergraduate applied studies
ECTS credits: 9
The objective of the course is mastering the fundamental principles of programming, which comprise the necessary foundation for any further programming and design. This course has been conceived as a gateway into the world of programming, and it introduces the student with the basic elements of programming languages, their syntax, data types and control structures.
Learning to work independently in the language C, learning about its syntax and possibilities. Learning the skill of writing efficient and readable programs, as well as analyzing existing programs. Understanding the basic programming techniques and concepts.
Upon the completion of this course, the student has adopted the habits of programming thinking, become competent for independent work in C and mastered the basic programming techniques. The student has thereby met the requirements for further studying of programming tools and languages.
- Introduction and principles of programming languages, Data types
- Expressions and statements, ASCII table
- Programming language syntax, Key and reserved words, The basic control structures
- Sequence, Selection, Cycles, Jumps, Subprograms, Subprogram arguments
- Passing parameters upon subprogram call, Functions, Procedures, Recursion
- Classification of programming languages, Examples in a programming language
- Fundamental programming techniques, C as a programming language, Code declaration and implementation, Program structure in C
- Declaring standard C functions, Lib files, Implementing standard C functions
- Translating, linking and starting the program, Syntax of the programming language C
- Functions, Function parameters, program flow control, if–else structure, switch–case structure, Loops, for loop, while loop, do–while loop
- Arrays, Strings, Pointers, Pointer arithmetic, Function pointers
- Memory allocation, Order of operators, Working with files, Working with structures