Study program / study programs: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Type and level of studies: Applied master’s studies
Subject: Multimedia Interactive Applications
ECTS credits: 8
Familiarizing students with the development technology and the potential use of interactive multimedia applications.
The student can design and develop interactive multimedia applications by using available program libraries or environments, which can be controlled by a physical controller depending on the app’s purpose.
- Characteristics of digital video and audio material. Characteristics of 3D, raster and vector graphics
- Definition and use of computer vision (CV)
- Possibilities and features of communication protocols (OSC, MIDI, bluetooth, network)
- Use of physical controllers (MIDI, Wii Remote, depth and video camera (Kinect), microphone, mobile devices, touchscreen, etc.)
- Interactive apps (spatial installation, radovi za ekran, generative design, interactive advertising, video mapping)
- Languages, tools and program environments for developing interactive multimedia apps (processing, openFrameworks, pure data, etc.)
- Practical work through examples
- In-depth mastering one of the tools for creating multimedia interactive apps.
- Students create an interactive app with a purpose and method (technology) of their choice.