Study program / study programs: E-BUSINESS, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Type and level of studies: Undergraduate applied studies
Subject: FUNDAMENTALS OF PROGRAMMING
ECTS credits: 8
The objective of the course Fundamentals of Programming is mastering the fundamental principles of programming, which comprise the necessary basis for any further work in programming and program design. This subject is a gateway to the world of programming; it introduces students to the basic elements of programming languages, their syntax, data types and control structures..
Becoming independent in work in the programming language C, becoming familiar with its syntax and possibilities. Adopting the skill of writing efficient and readable programs, as well as analyzing existing programs. Understanding the basic programming techniques and concepts.
The subject Fundamentals of Programming familiarizes the students with data types in programming language C, input/out conversion in C, preprocessor and preprocessor directive, operators in C, signs and constants. The students will learn how to configure and execute programs in C; they will be introduced to basic control structures, sequence, selection and cycle, the use of arrays. They will learn about pointers, address arithmetic, dynamic allocation and its use, sorting of arrays using pointers, multidimensional arrays, the declaration and definition of a function; about calling functions and passing arguments, the side effects of functions, structures and their use, work with files in C, union, and the use of a library function.
- Introduction and the principles of programming languages,
- Data types,
- Expressions and statements,
- ASCII table,
- Syntax of programming languages,
- Keywords and reserved words,
- Basic control structures,
- Subprogram arguments,
- Parameter passing when calling subprograms,
- Classification of programming languages,
- Examples in a programming language.
- BAsic programming techniques,
- C as a programming language,
- Code declaration and implementation,
- Program structure in C,
- Declaration of standard C functions,
- Lib files,
- Implementation of standard C functions,
- Translating, linking and starting the program,
- Syntax of programming language C,.
- Function parameters,
- Program flow,
- if – else structure, switch – case structure,
- Loops, for loop, while loop, do – while loop,
- Pointer arithmetic,
- Function pointers,
- Memory allocation,
- Order of operators,
- Working with files,
- Working with structures.
- Exercising through examples and problems related to the subject matter convert in lecturese.
- Concrete program elements that cover theoretical areas.